In the age of social media, many of us have been wired to respond to injustice and tragedy online. For Cole Arthur Riley, her processing of such events coupled with her liturgical formation and Black experience combined to birth Black Liturgies, a project that integrates spiritual practice with Black emotion, Black literature, and the Black body. In this conversation, we talk about what it’s like to be Black creators on social media under the white gaze, how memory gives us hope to pull from as we recount the experiences of those who came before us, and what we dream for the future liberation of Black people. Let’s stay connected!
- Find Dani on social media:
- Find Cole Arthur Riley on social media:
- Find the podcast on social media:
- Grab artwork for the heart and home at www.ohhappydani.com
- Reach out about the podcast to firstname.lastname@example.org
For the Ultimate Good is produced by Lovely House Media.